Stay Safe on the Slopes
Huff Hills Ski wants you to be safe while you enjoy your day skiing or snowboarding. Keep yourself in the know with the info below.
When Using the Terrain Park:
Make a Plan
- Every time you use Freestyle Terrain, make a plan for each feature you want to use.
- Your speed, approach and takeoff will directly affect your maneuver and landing.
- Before getting into freestyle terrain observe all signage and warnings
- Scope around the jumps first not over them
- Use your first run as a warm up run and to familiarize yourself with the terrain
- Be aware that the features change constantly due to weather, usage, grooming and time of day
- Do not jump blindly and use a spotter when necessary
- Know your limits and ski/ride within your ability level
- Look for small progression parks or features to begin with and work your way up
- Freestyle skills require maintaining control on the ground and in the air
- Do not attempt any features unless you have sufficient ability and experience to do so safely
- Inverted aerials increase your risk of injury and are not recommended
- Respect the terrain and others
- One person on a feature at a time
- Wait your turn and call your start
- Always clear the landing area quickly
- Respect all signs and stay off closed terrain and features